Making your own pickles is so easy! It takes almost no time at all and you can forgo all the weird preservatives that store bought pickles have if you make them at home!
- 10-12 pickling cucumbers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons himalayan sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill seed
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 bay leaf
- Clean cucumbers and place them in a container (I use 1-2; 1 quart mason jar).
- Add dill, dill weed, garlic and vinegar in the pickling jar.
- In a measure cup combine salt and water together.
- Cut into slices or leave whole the cucumbers and place in the jar.
- Fill the rest of the jar with the salt water mixture.
- Place the lid on the jar TIGHTLY and shake to combine all the ingredients.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 5-7 days out of direct sunlight.
- You can let them sit at room temperature longer for a stronger pickle taste. Then place in the fridge when you have reached the desired taste.