This is one of my favorite things to make and keep in the fridge. It’s completely customizable and all around awesome. I have laid out a recipe for you but by all means change it up as you like it will still work! Pick your favorite beans, instead of zucchini maybe squash and really spice it up with your imagination; the sky is the limit.
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked papkria
- 1 handful cliantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- to taste salt and pepper
- Chop the onions into small pieces and place them in a medium pot with the olive oil. Turn the heat on medium and begin to sauté the onions.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Cube the tomatoes and add it to the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Cut the zucchini into medium sized chunks and add them to the pot; along with the spices.
- Cook for 30 minutes on medium to low heat. When finished add the cilantro and lime juice to the pot.
- Add any more salt and pepper you desire, Enjoy!