Health tonics are designed to restore, integrate and tone the body’s systems. Fire cider is the ultimate health tonic! For more on fire cider click here!
Fire cider is a very strong tonic and should not be taken on an empty stomach. Especially if you have a sensitive stomach and are prone to acid reflux and ulcers. Please consult with your doctor if you have any questions and definitely if you’re pregnant.
If you feel a cold or flu coming on and you don’t have time to make your own fire cider, I highly recommend this brand of fire cider available on Amazon.
- 1 onion
- 2 hot peppers
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 3 inches turmeric root
- 3 inches ginger root
- 5 inches horseradish root
- 1 blood orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw honey (optional)
- Peel the horseradish, ginger, and turmeric root and cut them into large chunks. Place them in a large jar.
- Remove the rinds from the orange and lemon. Chop the peppers and onions into medium size pieces. Remove the skin from the garlic and cut the rosemary sprigs into shorter pieces. Place all those ingredients into your jar.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar and make sure it covers all the ingredients. You can add more apple cider vinegar if it doesn't cover all the ingredients.
- Cover the lid of the jar with a cheese cloth and rubber band. Store the cider at room temperature in a dark place to steep for 30days. (shake mixture daily or when you remember)**Many people have been known to steep fire cider for longer then 4 week. Anywhere from 2 to 6 months. Personally for your first batch we say 4 weeks but then if you want next time try 8 weeks and see if you can tell the difference!**
- After 30 days or desired amount of steeping time add in the honey(optional). Then shake the mixture and drain the liquid through the cheese cloth and store at room temperature. Take 1 tablespoon a day to boost your immune system.